Most definitely, sponge cakes are easy to bake.. If baked properly, the cake's texture will be light. This article will give you the step by step procedure in preparing sponge cake.
Sponge cake is a delicious dessert that can be eaten with icing and fruits. Certainly, this delicious and mouth watering cake will make a great addition to the center piece during birthdays and other celebrations. Make sure that you follow the simple guidelines in making yummy sponge cake.
How to make a Sponge Cake
1. Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a medium - sized saucepan, melt 2 teaspoons of butter and mix with milk. Use medium low heat until is steams.
3. Get a small bowl and mix the baking powder, flour and the salt.
4. Get the half of the flour mixture and add the egg mixture, beat them until it looks smooth.
5. Put the remaining half of the flour mixture and beat them well.
6. Mix the vanilla extract using a low setting of heat.
7. Grab the remaining part of butter and then use it to grease the pan.
8. After greasing the pan, get the mixture and pour it into the pan. Make sure you spread it evenly.
9. Bake for 15 minutes. The cake is done when it springs back to shape after pressing or putting pressure. You can also use a toothpick to check if the cake is cooked. It is cooked when the toothpick comes back clean after insertion.
10. Put the cake into a pan for 10 minutes to let it cool.
11. Take the cake out of the pan by flipping it. Use a wire rack or a sheet of parchment paper to let it cool.
12. Frost the cake and decorate.
Things To Remember in Baking Sponge Cake
1. Pre - heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. The pan must be greased with butter.
3. To mix the ingredients, use an electric mixer.
4. The sponge cake is done if it goes back to its original shape or springs back after .
5. Use a pan in cooling the cake; give a minimum of 10 minutes before transferring the cake to a wire rack or parchment paper for cooling it completely.
Things to be needed:
· 1/2 Cup of milk
· 2 Teaspoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
· 8 Eggs (the bigger the better)
· 1 Cup of sugar
· 1 Cup of all-purpose flour
· 1 Teaspoon of baking powder
· 1/8 Teaspoon of salt
· 1 Teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
· Butter for greasing the pan
· Electric mixer
· Small saucepan
· Large bowl
· Small bowl
· Wire rack or Parchment paper
Surely, by following the simple step by step guidelines, you'll be able to come up with a mouth - watering sponge cake. You can add it in one of your birthday cake decoration ideas. Make your cake more attractive by adding cake decorating flowers, candy sprinkles and chocolates. Good luck!